Baingan (बैंगन ) ka Bharta is a very tasty south asian dish, that is comes from Punjab. It is a simple dish to make and is a part of the national cuisines of India. It is a vegetarian dish that is prepared by baingan that is grilled over charcoal or direct fire. This infuses the dish with smoky flavour. It is served best with Paranthas. Here is the list of ingredients required and method to prepare this delicious baingan ka bharta.Ingredients:
* 2 Big Brinjal (Baingan)
* 3 tsp Oil
* 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
* 1 tsp Red chilli
* 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
* 1/4 tsp Turmeric
* 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
* 1/4 tsp Mango Powder (Amchur)
* 2 fine chopped Onion,
* 2 fine chopped Tomato,
* 6-7 Garlic cloves paste,
* 2 Green chilies paste,
* 1tsp ginger paste.
* Salt to taste
* Coriander leaf
* Firstly Rinse the Brinjal(Baingan) in water & pat dry with a napkin.
* Now Roast the brinjal on a medium flame till well cooked & the skin has charred completely.
* Remove the Brinjal & immerse in a bowl of water (for remove it’s smoky flavour smell) till it cool then peel and mash it.
* Take a kadai or pan. Heat the oil in it.
* Add cumin seeds, ginger green chilli paste and sauce for a minute.
* Add all finely chopped ingredients (onion, tomato) sauté it until color is not changed
* Add all spices (Red chilli powder, turmeric ) and pinch garam masala and dry mango powder and mix well.
* Add some amount of water and cook till the oil starts separating from the mixture (gravy).
* Add brinjal pulp , add salt & stir and saute for some more 3-4 minutes more.
* Finally garnish the Baingan Bharta with coriander leaves
Serve this delicious Baingan Bharta with roti, phulka or chapatis even with bread, toasted or grilled bread and Jeera rice or plain rice.
Like this recipe? Or have something to share? Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org, or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter (@HiBhilwara)