Biryani, the rich Indian rice dish. It has interesting history, some says it originated in Persia and was brought to India by the Mughals and some says it was originated by South India because it was brought by Arab Traders and rice was massively used by people. They prepared Pulao and then after they called Pulao as Biryani. Well, the exact origin of the dish is uncertain and who bothers, we just like the taste and always want to eat, eat and eat it.
So here I would like to share my method for Vegetable Biryani.
* Semi boiled Rice(basmati /kolam) 2cup
* 1cup mix semi boil veg carrot,capsicum ,french beans, green peas, cauliflower (optional)
* Ghee – 3-5 tsp
Khada Garam Masala :- * Cumin seeds- 1/4 tsp * Bay Leaf – 2-3
* Black pepper – 3-4
* Cinnamon – 3-5 piece
* Cloves – 3-5 piece
* Pinch of Dry Ginger powder
* Garlic-Ginger paste 1 tsp
* 1 fine chopped Onion,
* All dry spices: 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder (optional)
* Curd 1/2 cup
* Fried onion stripes
* Fresh chopped mint leaves
* Coriander leaves
* Fried cashews (optional)
* Shahi Biriyani Masala
* 1/2 cup milk
* Take a pan put ghee 3-5 tsp & heat it.
* Add cumin seeds and all KHADA Garam Masala. saute the masala till they crackle.
* Add ginger garlic paste and chopped onion and stir & saute till the colour is not changed.
* Add all spices, shahi biryani masala & curd then cook till the ghee starts separating from the mixture (gravy).
* After that we have to add semi boil vegetables and cover the pan from lid for 1 minute.
* Add semi boil rice and 1/2 cup milk and mint leafs. mix well and garnish with coriander and fried onion stripes
* we can also use fried cashews for garnishing
Like this recipe? Or have something to share? Write to us: email@example.com, or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter (@HiBhilwara)